You may think of the IRS as merely the agency responsible for sending your. On the flipside, it also helps you check the status of your payment through a tracking portal designed just for that purpose. Called Get My Payment, the online app can show you if the IRS is processing your money and whether it’ll arrive in the mail as a paper check or or through . The tool will also alert you to any before the IRS can give your check the go-ahead.
We’ll explain how to use Get My Payment, including the details you should have on hand before you begin.
For more information about stimulus checks, here’s what to do if you think. Plus, these are the latest details about a and . We update this story often.
What to do before you use the Get My Payment tool
- The tool will ask for your Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), your date of birth, your street address and your ZIP or postal code.
- The IRS is sending payments on a schedule. Think of it as batches of payments that get sent at once, rather than individually. The Get My Payment tool can ballpark your scheduled date.
- The IRS updates its status tracking information once a day.
- You should receive a letter about 15 days after the IRS issues your payment, with information on the amount you received and how you received it.
After using the IRS tracker, you could also sign up for a free service from the post office that tells you
How to track the status and arrival of your IRS stimulus check
If you’re eligible for a check, the IRS lets you track your payment schedule through its Get My Payment web portal. Some people have reported having trouble using the portal, and the IRS said it has significantly improved the Get My Payment app to help you set up and track the date of your stimulus payment.
1. Head to the IRS’ Get My Payment page and tap the blue Get My Payment button to check the status of your economic impact payment.
2. On the next page about authorized use, tap OK.
3. Now on the Get My Payment page, enter your SSN or ITIN, your date of birth, your street address and your ZIP or postal code. Tap Continue.
On the next page, the portal will show your payment status, whether it’s been scheduled or if the service can’t yet determine your status…Read more>>